Brand Ambassador – Quest Brewing Co.
Quest Brewing Company is a World Beer Cup medal-winning microbrewery in the growing city of Greenville, SC. Our brewery opened in 2013 to much fanfare and have been establishing ourselves as a producer of unique and innovative beers in the Southeast region. We are located one hour from Asheville, two hours from Charlotte, two hours from Atlanta, and three hours from Charleston.
Our company is growing and this is an opportunity to start at the ground floor with a successful regional brewery. This position has the potential to become a managerial position with a staff of Brand Ambassadors once sales goals are met and new territories are opened.
As a Brand Ambassador, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of some of the best-tasting ales in the South. You will be in charge increasing sales in South Carolina including several high-volume distributors. A critical factor to your success will be the business planning and relationship management of all distributors in the territory as well as growth of Quest brands within each wholesaler. This includes direct account responsibility for key accounts, securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in South Carolina to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Conduct quarterly sales review meetings with distributors
• Set and evaluate sales and distribution goals
• Quarterly evaluation of each Distributor in your territory (performed at Quarterly review)
• Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
• Develop key events that feature Quest brands
• Call on existing key accounts to secure new distribution, making timely presentations, and introducing new and “limited release” beers
• Execute weekly on and off-premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
• Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
• Travel to company sales meetings; and work with other members of the Quest team to execute/achieve the sales plan
• Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
• Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
• Achieve and/or maintain Quest market and quality standards in all territories
• Other duties as periodically assigned by management
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least three years prior industry experience in a beer/wine sales position
• Strong oral communication skills (ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills)
• Strong persuasion skills (Ability to influence others decision-making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior through superior skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community)
• Active Listening (This is the key to all sales presentation, understanding your retailer can only be achieved by listening to their needs and filling those needs)
• Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
• Excellent organization and coordination skills (detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently)
• Social Perceptiveness (Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do)
• Negotiation (Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences)
• Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
• Decision making skills (collect, assess, and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment)
• Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
• Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
• Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
• MUST WORK OUT OF AND/OR BE WILLING TO MOVE TO THE GREENVILLE, SC AREA (Visit http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/news/accolades/ to find out more about the wonderful city we reside.)
• MUST HAVE RELEVANT BEER/WINE/SPIRITS EXPERIENCE IN THE CAROLINAS PREFERABLY IN THE BEER DISTRIBUTOR NETWORK
What Quest Offers:
-Base salary plus commissions and bonuses based on meeting sales targets.
-Opportunity exists for long-term ownership potential.
-Other benefits under development.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Quest Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.